SELDA CHARITY is a humanitarian non-profit organization that provides emergency relief, rehabilitation, development assistance, and program services to vulnerable communities in Sri Lanka. SELDA CHARITY is solely dedicated to reducing human suffering and is non-political and non-sectarian in its mission. SELDA CHARITY ‘s mission is to:
1. Serve the needs of the most vulnerable – particularly women and children, victims of natural disasters & civil conflicts, and the poor – with a specific focus on neglected groups and cases.
2. Enable individuals, groups and communities to mitigate the effects of disaster and crises, prepare for their occurrence and provide humanitarian relief and recovery;
3. Assist the disadvantaged in becoming self-reliant by developing their own solutions to development challenges and creating sustainable livelihoods;
4. Promote sustainable development and address the root causes of conflict through programmes that target education, shelter, water and sanitation, health and nutrition and humanitarian dialogue;
5. Support the vulnerable, disadvantaged and marginalized and enable them to voice their needs;
6. Build local capacities.
Reduce poverty and human suffering in emergency and disaster situations and contribute to an overall improvement in the standard of living and quality of life for poor communities.